Guru Kavacham

guru 
A Guru (Sanskrit: गुरु) is one who is regarded as having great knowledge. Brahaspati (Sanskrit, "lord of prayer or devotion") also known as Brahmanaspati and Deva-guru (guru of the gods), is the name of a Vedic deity. In Hindu mythology, Brahaspati is the Guru of the Devas and the arch-nemesis of Shukracharya, the guru of the Danavas. According to the Shiva Purana Brihaspati is the son of Rishi Angirasa and Surupa. In Hindu Astrology (Jyotisha) Brihaspati is the name for the planet Jupiter, which is one of the Navagraha (Nine Planet).

The Guru Kavacham should be read every Thursday by people in whose horoscope, the Guru is not in a good position or the present position of Guru causes problems.

Asya sri Brahaspathi Kavacha
 maha manthrasya Easwara rishi,
Anushtup Chanda, Guru devatha,  
Gam Bheejam, Sri Shakthi,
Kleem keelakam,
Guru preethyrarthe Jape Viniyoga.
 
For the great chant of Armour to Jupiter the sage is Easwara, The meter is anushtup, The God is Brahaspathi, The root is “Gam”, The power is “Goddess Lakshmi”, The nail is “Kleem”, The chant is being done to please Guru.
 
|| Kavacham ||
 
Abheeshta phaladham
sarvajnam sura poojitham,
Aksha maladharam shantham
pranamami bruhaspatheem.

I salute sage Brahaspathi, Who fulfills our wishes, Who knows everything, Who is worshipped by all devas, Who wears the garland of beads, And who is peaceful. 


Bruhaspathi sira pathu,
lalatam pathu may guru,
Karnou sura guru,
nethre may abheeshta dayaka.

Let Brahaspathi protect my head, Let Guru(teacher) protect my forehead, Let my ears be protected by teacher of devas, And let my eyes be protected by he who fulfills wishes.
 
Jihwam pathu suracharya,
nasaam may Veda Paraga,
Mukham may pathu sarvagna,
kantam may devatha guru.

Let the teacher of devas protect my toungue, Let my nose be protected by the expert in Vedas, Let the all knowing one protect my face, And let my neck be protected by teacher of devas. 


Bhujavangeerasa pathu,
karou pathu shubha prada,
Sthanou may pathu vageesa,
kuksheem may shubha lakshana.

Let my hand be protected by Angeeras, Let my arms be protected by he who does good, Let the master of speech protect my chest, And let he who looks good protect my stomach. 


Nabhim deva guru pathu,
madhyam pathu sukha prada,
Katim pathu jagat vandya,
ooru may pathu vak pathee.

Let my belly be protected by Guru, Let he who does good protect my middle, Let my hip be protected by he who is saluted by the universe, And let the master of words protect my legs. 


Janu jange suracharyo,
padhou viswathamaka sada,
Anyani yani cha anganee,
rakshenmay sarvatha guru.

Let the teacher of devas protect my thighs and knee, Let my feet be protected by the soul of the world, And let all other parts of my body be always be protected by Guru.
 
Ithyedath kavacham divyam
trisandhyam ya paden nara,
Sarva kamaanvapnothi
sarvathra vijayee bhaveth.

If this holy armour is read by men at dawn, noon and dusk, They would succeed in all their acts, And would gain victory everywhere. Ithi Sri 

brahmyamaloktham Sri Brahaspathi
kavacham sampoornam.

Guru Kavacham Video



Share this article with your Network  : Bookmark and Share

No comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by 2008

Back to TOP